Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blue Jay Way



In these harsh winter days I've been busy at my looms and spinning wheel, not inclined to write much. But today the weather was just mild enough for me and the dog to do a little walkabout around the pond and through the pasture. Sure enough, the spare beauty inspired me to snap a handful of photos. Just as I was ready to retreat to the warm kitchen, I walked round the old chicken coop and glanced at the weatherbeaten door. Stuck in a gap in the wood was an acorn, stashed there by some blue jay, I'm sure. A morsel of food, a bit of survival for the blue jay, a smile on a cold day for me.

2 comments:

  1. That's an excellent picture! I personally love the jays...although our bad squirrel destroyed our bird feeder last week and so we haven't had them around lately. (Very bad squirrel....)

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that photo! Hope the weather's turned a little warmer for you.

    ReplyDelete