Monday, May 10, 2010

Off Loom Weaving

Some weavers, myself included, weave their sturdy utilitarian fabrics on large looms that have many fiddly little parts. They make a lot of banging, clattering racket as they work.

Other weavers need only two fragile cattail stalks from the previous summer to quietly spin and weave their elegant webs.



I came upon this little bit of weaver's work the other morning when I strolled down by the pond. The weaver was nowhere to be found but I thought her delicate cloth must surely be a new gossamer mantle for a pond fairy. My sincerest compliments to the weaver...

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! (And much needed on this chilly, rainy day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's glorious! And you got such a great photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pleasant to view the site of someone who thinks differently from the norm. Good on you!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete