Monday, July 6, 2009

S Is For .....



..... Summer with its golden mornings and endless shades of green. Long, languid days and crunchy fresh vegetables from the garden and farmers market.

..... Spinning. I sit at my spinning wheel early on a summer's morning, fiber flowing through my fingers, transforming into a personal yarn, filled with my thoughts and intentions for the day ahead. While spinning, I can watch the leaves of the cottonwood gradually become delicate, quivering filters of the morning light. A fleeting bit of wonder is tucked into this morning's yarn.


..... Silk, gift of the silkworms. Gossamer white or honey gold fibers glide through my fingers more easily in summer when the air is not so dry, when my skin is not so dry as in winter.

S is for summer silk spinning. A wish I didn't know I'd made is granted.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! It makes me want to immediately haul out my wheel and get to work. I even have a bit of silk in my fiber stash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not give the silk a try? I find it a lot easier to spin in summer because there isn't the static electricity to make it fluff out in all directions and stick to everything!

    ReplyDelete